Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Movie I've Seen the Most

Spike Lee, Paul Schrader, Laura Ziskin, Peter Farrelly, Judd Apatow, Liev Shreiber, Kathleen Kennedy, Stacy Peralta, Paul Hirsch, Neil LaBute, among others, weigh in on their most-watched movie.

While I am not one prone to multiple viewings, I would have to say Joe Versus the Volcano is one that I will not change the channel when I come across it. Maria Full of Grace is another one I have seen quite a few times lately thanks to HBO.

Wings of Desire is the film I continue to enjoy over and over and over again. It is a masterpiece of modern filmmaking.

For movies on the movies, you can't go wrong with Federico Fellini's 8 1/2. On the other side of the spectrum, Preston Sturges' Sullivan's Travels is always worth another look.

Postscript: Of course, almost any Capra film is good for a second, third, or fourth viewing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Sailer said...

"I've still got my trunks!"
-- Joe in "Joe versus the Volcano"

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home